I struggled with trying to figure out what to post today and I figured since my weekend will be pretty boring because I’m studying for a test, maybe I could give you guys advice on having a nice productive and efficient weekend.
Time and time again, I have procrastinated and absolutely wasted my weekends. I did nothing on Friday night, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday leaving all my homework for Sunday night. And I know a lot of people will agree with me and say they do the exact same thing. Stop doing it! You know, you would probably feel a lot better if you did what you needed to do ahead of time until waiting until the last minute (as usual). So here is a list of how to fix it:
- Make a schedule of when you want to do things (such as homework, going to the gym, working on a project, studying, hanging out with friends, or just relaxing and scrolling on Twitter)
- Do a little bit at a time. Instead of trying to do a big project all in one sitting start a little earlier and take breaks in-between so it doesn’t seem like such a daunting task
- Speaking of breaks, make sure you allow your brain to breathe. Go to the gym, walk around your room, watch a 30 minute (or less!) episode from your favorite show or YouTube channel, read a few pages in a book, or go get a snack!
- Work with a study group! It doesn’t have to be a “formal” study group, but you could get a study room or sit somewhere in your dorm with a few people. Sometimes it’s nice to sit with other people working on something even if you aren’t working on the same assignment!
- I’m not saying you have do anything Friday night besides partying, but after you get out of your last class, don’t immediately just go jump in the bed or get ready to party. Try seeing if there is something quick you can get out of the way or jot down some notes from class that you don’t want to forget later! You don’t have to do much, but every little bit counts!
- Don’t lay in bed until 1pm! I’ve been guilty of this a lot, but luckily I have a roommate who gets up at weird times! I was being sarcastic, if you couldn’t tell. Seriously though, sometimes she gets up at 9am on a Saturday and other times its 1pm. It hurts my soul, but laying in until the afternoon is not the move.
- But most importantly, have fun! Yeah it’s cool to study and do your work, but remember that’s not only what college is for! Go out! Try something new (and safe)! As long as you find a good balance between getting your work done and doing fun stuff, you’ll be fine!