- Don’t worry about how other people see you, whether it’s the way you act, talk, dress, or walk. It doesn’t matter if they like you. If they don’t like you for you, then they don’t deserve to have you in their life
- It’s okay to be alone sometimes. You don’t always have to go party to feel like you’re having fun. Maybe once in awhile, do a you-night. Watch a movie, snack on something, and realize that it’s okay to not always be around people. You learn a lot about yourself when you’re alone
- Don’t judge people by where they ended up. They may have that lifestyle that you want, that car, that girl/guy, that money, but you never know how they ended up there. They could have went to hell and back and failed more times than you can count, but you never saw any of that
- Experiences come and go. Don’t let that one good thing that happened recently cloud your belief that another experience can’t be as good as that one. More good things will happen to you, life is full of experience after experience
- Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. If something good happened to you, stop expecting something terrible to follow it!
- Be more positive! This is pretty straightforward and pretty obvious. Being positive makes everything so much better…
- Cut people out of your life who do nothing for you. Especially if they are using you. Nobody likes a parasite that takes and takes and never gives anything in return
- Live in the moment. Time and time again, we allow ourselves to get caught up in whatever is happening the next day, next week, or even next month. If you don’t pay attention to the present, you’re going to look back later and wish you had
- Be careful who you associate with. I’ve seen way to many people fall into the wrong crowd because they wanted to be “cool” or at least seem “cool” (because they probably weren’t) and end up getting in trouble because they take it to far. Or worse, they do something then later in life, it comes back to stab you in the back. Don’t be that person who gets their old, disturbing tweets dug up when you are at the top of your game when people don’t want to see you succeed.
- Most important: love yourself. You will never fully get what you want out of life, if you don’t like the person living it (you, if that wasn’t obvious)
Happy New Year, everyone! And may 2019 bring you much joy and happiness! Let’s leave that negative energy in 2018 and become our best selves in the new year!!